Friday, April 3, 2009

Start Again

There's something about being tired that borders on losing yourself. That phase where nothing really matters, and you just want to sleep it off or down that plate of hamburger, fries and beer.

It's the feeling of separation, where nothing matters and you wish you could just start again. I wish I could start again; I would do it differently this time. I wouldn't doubt, I wouldn't fear, I would believe.

It's times like this where faith is such a fight. Can I believe Lamentations 3:22-23?

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

If His compassions never fail, then why does my heart? Why do I? Yes, Your compassions are new every morning, but my strength is sapped and I don't know how to continue. What if I take you at Your word? Can I start again - today, tomorrow, now? I want to know the yes, not just hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment